CMS Savannah Trip 2019
We are planning to leave for Savannah the morning of Wednesday, Mar 6th and return the evening of Friday, Mar 8th. Transportation will be provided by a charter company. Arrangements have been made for lodging, activities, and meals. This trip has been a very memorable experience for students at Carrollton Middle School for the past several years and this one will be no exception. The back of the page has listing of possible activities for this year. Please be aware this is subject to change.
As you know, the cost associated with travel and leisure activities has increased over the past several years. This year I am proud to announce that the cost of the trip is remaining the same as last year. The total cost of the trip will be $350. Please be mindful that this cost includes transportation, two nights of hotel accommodations, all meals, and activities. We have created a payment plan of three separate payments to help ease the burden of making one large payment. The reverse side of the letter lists possible activities for the trip. Note: This just a sample of activities.
Due to required venue reservations and advance deposits, we will be collecting a $100 non-refundable deposit. This deposit is due by August 31, 2018. This initial deposit will be credited to the final cost of the trip. This deposit can be made online on the Carrollton Middle School website or by check payable to Carrollton Middle School. You will then be emailed a confirmation. Please remember to include your child’s first and last name on the check. The second payment of $100 is due by November 2, and the final payment of $150 is due on February 1, 2019. There will be no refunds given for any reason as we are under contract with the various vendors. Also, there will be a $15 late fee for payments more than 14 days late. Whether paying by cash/check or online, the attached contract must be returned to Mr. Scroggin.
We will be able to only take a maximum of 150 students on the trip. Upon making deposit, you will be notified if your child has a secured reservation for the trip and a packet will be sent home. This trip usually fills quickly so please act fast. The chaperones will be faculty and staff of Carrollton Middle School
Please contact Mr. Scroggin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at the school if you have any questions. Again, we are so excited to offer this opportunity for your fifth-grade student!
- Student must be in good academic standing.
- Student must not have 3 or more disciplinary referrals for the year. If the student receives OSS, they forfeit the right to attend this trip.
- Student must not have more than 5 unexcused absences or 10 unexcused tardies for the school year.
Listed below you will find a list of activities that may take place during the Savannah trip. Each venue/activity, requires an accurate head count and security deposit. Carrollton Middle School has formed a good working relationship with these companies and they look forward to servicing us each year. However, due to the large number of students and chaperones that attend the trip, the overall total cost of the trip is fairly expensive. Please note that these are just possible activities and some may be substituted based of number of students going.
Note: These activities are tentative and are subject to change.
- Mighty Eight Air Force Museum-Students will see artifacts and exhibits as well as hearing stories about the Eighth Air Force of the United States Army Air Corps that served during WWII.
- The Savannah Theatre-Students will enjoy a live two-hour performance. The show consists of a variety of great music, acting, and audience participation.
- Ghost Talk/Ghost Walk- A guided tour of Savannah’s haunted past and present
- Tybee Island-Students will enjoy a quick trip to the beach! They will be provided with a custom made CMS Savannah t-shirt to wear. The bright shirt allows us to easily identify our students and chaperones and it’s a great souvenir.
- Old Town Trolley Tour- A live narrated trolley ride through the various historic districts of Savannah with a scavenger hunt at a cemetery.
- Riverboat Cruise-The boat sets sail for a dinner cruise with the top deck open after dinner for lots of fun and dancing. The school secures a DJ for the entertainment.
Accommodations will be two nights at the Hyatt Regency overlooking River Street.